In Canada, 1 in every 3 babies is born by Cesarean Section, also known as Cesarean Birth. Given the lack of guidelines and helpful information about C Sections Cesarean recovery, many birthing people don’t get adequate guidance as they embark on their recovery.
If you have had a Cesarean Birth, you may be uncertain about how to deal with the resulting pain and movement challenges while also managing a newborn. You may be questioning when to return to exercise, how to do so safely, and when it is safe to progress your exercise program. Lauren Lozinsky of Glow Physio has taken specialized postgraduate training to support individuals in both their preparation for and recovery from Cesarean Birth.
If you are preparing for a Cesarean Birth, Glow can help you gain understanding and confidence so that you can go into your birth with confidence.
- You will understand the details of the procedure, dispel myths, and provide you with confidence in knowing what to expect.
- You will be given information on the “Gentle-Cesarean” or “Family-Centred Birth” and how to foster that experience.
- You will learn early post-operative recovery strategies and restrictions to follow.
- You will understand what signs and symptoms to watch out for after your birth.
- You will be armed with the knowledge of what types of exercises can be done early on in your recovery.
When you visit Glow Physio after your Cesarean Birth, you will benefit from the following:
- A holistic assessment that discusses sleep strategies (including infant sleep advice)
- Breastfeeding positions after birth that will facilitate healing.
- Exercises and protective strategies to use in the first 6 weeks postpartum. A progression of exercises for when you are beyond the 6 week mark will be discussed in later visits, including when you can return to running and high impact sport if this is of interest to you.
- A scar assessment and scar management strategies. Scar mobility and desensitization techniques will be used in later visits when your scar has appropriately healed.
Click this link to book a free call to get helpful advice tailored to your Cesarean Birth. There is no charge for the call and there is no obligation to book any appointments after the call. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do for your preparation and/or recovery from your Cesarean Birth.
This consultation is offered to people who are unsure about Pelvic Health Physiotherapy. They may want to make sure we are a good fit before they book an appointment. If this sounds like you, please start with a free call so that we can discuss your specific situation, without any commitment on your part.Talk To A Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
How Can Glow Physio Improve Your Postpartum Experience In the Next Few Weeks?
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Pelvic, back, and hip pain and dysfunction can interfere with restful sleep, which is already compromised as a new mom. We can help you resolve your symptoms in order to have more energy each day.
- We will help you understand what changes occurred due to your Cesarean Section and how to move forward safely.
- We will provide you with customized exercises for your specific stage of healing, tailored to the specific activities and sports you want to get back to.
- We can help you sit and relax more comfortably and enjoy walking again without your abdomen and pelvis feeling painful and weak.
- The stress and anxiety of living with pain and discomfort postpartum can strain relationships. We can help you to manage postpartum discomforts and enjoy being intimate with your partner again, however that looks for you.
We are here to get you feeling strong and confident with your new baby.Learn About Cost & Availability
This Is Your Chance To Feel Confident With Your Recovery From Your Cesarean Section. Your Future Self Will Thank You. Read What Others Are Saying About Glow Physio...
Lauren has provided me with outstanding care and support over the past several years. As an active younger person, she helped me to continue being goal oriented and helped me get back to training and competing at my best. More recently as a mom to two kids, she has guided me through the pre and post-natal periods as I prepared for birth and returned to exercise. Lauren is able to help get you back to where you want to be, even when you are busy! She is kind, respectful, and extremely talented. I love that she’s an athlete and a parent herself as well!Nikki, 30's Prenatal, Postpartum, Sports Injury
Lauren went above and beyond helping me throughout my pregnancy. I experienced acute SI joint pain and lower back pain starting in the second trimester and my mobility was compromised. Being a freelance photographer my body is essential to my work and I immediately sought out Lauren’s expertise to help with the pain. I was able to speak with her right away and she walked me through all of the exercises and guided me through each step along the way back to a strong and capable pregnant body. The relief I felt after following her plan was enormous and I was able to keep working right up until I gave birth. I would highly recommend her for any and all physio needs!Emily, 30's SI Joint Pain, Lower Back Pain, Prenatal, Postpartum
I have had the pleasure of working with Lauren for many years. Lauren has worked with me for a number of different challenges and through a number of different stages of life. She is incredibly supportive of my activity goals and finds ways to help me achieve them. She is passionate about pregnancy and postpartum care and getting you back to where you want to be physically! Lauren’s client centered approach always has me feeling empowered and well cared for!Kati C Prenatal, Postpartum
As a seasoned physiotherapy patient, I was impressed by the treatment I received from my latest physiotherapist, Lauren Lozinsky. Anybody who has been troubled by back spasms knows it often is not a quick fix. This time I required half a dozen visits. After each one I felt better, was more comfortable and -- armed with a series of exercises I'd never seen along with a hard rubber ball to massage the "hot spots" -- able to enhance the improvements that Lauren initiated. She is innovative and thorough and, almost as importantly, available by email to answer any questions concerning the self-treatments. Fortunately, there isn't a test to see if you remember her highly scientific analysis and diagnosis! An added bonus was that she also helped with my plantar fasciitis even though that was only something I mentioned in conversation. Nobody recommended her to me -- it was simply my good fortune to find her by searching the Internet -- but I'm obviously happy to endorse her with my five-star rating.Bob, 50's, Squamish Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis
I saw physio Lauren Lozinsky and was amazed at the service she provided. She was professional and a great listener to my experience. She was able to problem solve and treat using her IMS skills and I was on my way to recovery after a couple visits. Highly recommended!Jamal, 40's, Squamish Sports Injury
After having an unexplained sciatica nerve problem I tried several other treatment options with not much change. Lauren was able to cure the issue with a combination of procedures.Roy, 60's, Squamish Sciatica Nerve Problem