How to Put an End to Back Pain and Stiffness Without Taking Painkillers, Without Risking Surgery and Without The Waiting Room
If you have lower back pain or sciatica, it’s common to hope that it will resolve on its own. You may blame it on having slept awkwardly, or think that everyone your age suffers from it. Although you aren’t sure how it started, it isn’t improving. You may be hoping you’ll wake up one morning and the pain will finally be gone. Yet 6 months later you’re still living with lower back pain, and it may be even worse than when it started. If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone. Lower back pain is one of the most common conditions seen during our visits in Squamish.
Why am I still Suffering From Back Pain Or Sciatica?
One reason is that when people seek medical advice, they are often told to rest and take painkillers, and to “see how it goes”.
The reality is that the "wait and see" approach of treating low back pain is highly ineffective. It often causes more frustration because the passive approach does not work for most people. Often the next step is being told to rest more or get imaging, like an MRI (which you have to wait even longer for). The scan may show some scary findings (which may actually be normal findings). They’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills and advised more rest or an injection as their only option. This vicious cycle explains why so many people age 40+ are continuing to suffer from chronic lower back pain.
Has This Type of Thing Happened to You?
Why else does back pain last so long? There are many people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something specific like sleeping awkwardly or a heavy lift. In all likelihood it was caused by years of poor posture that weakened the muscles in your lower back, and lifting or sleeping awkwardly finally put your back over the edge.
Back pain can be very confusing and for this reason many people end up accepting it as a normal part of life.Ask About Cost & Availability
If You Are Currently Living With Back Pain or Sciatica, Here Are 8 Reasons Why It Could Persist
- You thought rest would help because your back was so painful, but it led to more stiffness.
- You got medical advice to rest and take painkillers; the pills provided only short-term relief, then chronic back pain struck again.
- You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or another Physiotherapist, but they only treated your back. The lower back is often the “victim”, and there may be other factors or “criminals” causing your symptoms.
- You saw another practitioner who was not familiar with the current research on pain, using the whole-person or “biopsychosocial approach”. This has been shown to be key to treating chronic pain.
- You were given too many exercises to do and you did not have time to complete them.
- A friend or family member said “everyone gets aches and pains as they get older”, making you question if anything could be done.
- You tried exercise classes or online videos but you saw no change or your pain actually worsened.
- You tried a massage gun, injections, or a back brace. They may have provided temporary relief but did not target the source of the problem.
If any of these sound familiar, book a call with us so we can tell you what can be done. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things shows your dedication to improve and is actually a GOOD THING! When you know what doesn’t work, you are closer to finding out what does!Talk To A Physiotherapist
Click this link to book a free call to get helpful advice tailored to your specific situation. There is no charge for the call and there is no obligation to book any appointments after the call. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do for your back pain.
This consultation is offered to people who are unsure about Physiotherapy. They may want to make sure we are a good fit before they book an appointment. If this sounds like you, please start with a free call so that we can discuss your specific situation, without any commitment on your part.
What Can I Do to Get Rid of My Pelvic Pain Quickly?
Here are 4 ways to get started:
- Start By Making A Decision – Waiting is what causes most people’s back pain to persist. They hope their pain will resolve on its own, then 6 months later nothing has changed, or it has gotten worse.
- Avoid Long Periods of Sitting and Resting – Do you ever struggle to get up from the couch because your back feels so painful and tight? One of the worst things you can do for your back pain is to rest and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions, will make your back stiff and tight.
- Do The Right Exercises – Doing appropriate strengthening exercises, along with hands-on treatment, will get you active and healthy as quickly as possible. One of the best things you can do to ease back pain is to do progressive exercises. These will be carefully selected by your Physiotherapist for your specific type of back pain. This will help you reduce pain and move more freely again. The right strengthening exercises will also help build resiliency for your lower back and will ensure the problems don’t come back anytime soon. When they are tailored to you, they won’t aggravate your back like some exercises can.
- Get Customized, Hands-On Physiotherapy Treatment – Physiotherapy is proven to help people with back pain. If your back pain is affecting your ability to keep active, your ability to do your job, or if it gets in the way of spending quality time with your family and friends, we are here to help. We will get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
How Can Glow Physio Improve Your Back Pain - In the Next Few Weeks?
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- The stress and anxiety of living with back pain and sciatica can strain relationships. We can help you get back to the activities you have been missing, without fear or reservation.
- To get to the root cause of your issue, we give you valuable, in-depth information about your abdominals and lower back using the latest real-time ultrasound technology. We can also assess your pelvic floor using this technology since research shows pelvic floor dysfunction is correlated with chronic low back pain.
- Back pain and sciatica can interfere with restful sleep. We can help you resolve your symptoms in order to live with more energy each day.
- We will provide you with customized exercises geared to the activities you have been missing out on, that will enhance your recovery without flaring up your symptoms.
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgeries and painful injections.
- We can help you sit and relax more comfortably and enjoy walking again without your lower back feeling painful and weak.
We are here to get you back to living life free from lower back pain and sciatica.
This Is Your Chance To Be Active Again! Read what other people just like you are saying about Glow Physio and their Back Pain treatments.
Lauren has provided me with outstanding care and support over the past several years. As an active younger person, she helped me to continue being goal oriented and helped me get back to training and competing at my best. More recently as a mom to two kids, she has guided me through the pre and post-natal periods as I prepared for birth and returned to exercise. Lauren is able to help get you back to where you want to be, even when you are busy! She is kind, respectful, and extremely talented. I love that she’s an athlete and a parent herself as well!Nikki, 30's Prenatal, Postpartum, Sports Injury
Lauren went above and beyond helping me throughout my pregnancy. I experienced acute SI joint pain and lower back pain starting in the second trimester and my mobility was compromised. Being a freelance photographer my body is essential to my work and I immediately sought out Lauren’s expertise to help with the pain. I was able to speak with her right away and she walked me through all of the exercises and guided me through each step along the way back to a strong and capable pregnant body. The relief I felt after following her plan was enormous and I was able to keep working right up until I gave birth. I would highly recommend her for any and all physio needs!Emily, 30's SI Joint Pain, Lower Back Pain, Prenatal, Postpartum
I have had the pleasure of working with Lauren for many years. Lauren has worked with me for a number of different challenges and through a number of different stages of life. She is incredibly supportive of my activity goals and finds ways to help me achieve them. She is passionate about pregnancy and postpartum care and getting you back to where you want to be physically! Lauren’s client centered approach always has me feeling empowered and well cared for!Kati C Prenatal, Postpartum
As a seasoned physiotherapy patient, I was impressed by the treatment I received from my latest physiotherapist, Lauren Lozinsky. Anybody who has been troubled by back spasms knows it often is not a quick fix. This time I required half a dozen visits. After each one I felt better, was more comfortable and -- armed with a series of exercises I'd never seen along with a hard rubber ball to massage the "hot spots" -- able to enhance the improvements that Lauren initiated. She is innovative and thorough and, almost as importantly, available by email to answer any questions concerning the self-treatments. Fortunately, there isn't a test to see if you remember her highly scientific analysis and diagnosis! An added bonus was that she also helped with my plantar fasciitis even though that was only something I mentioned in conversation. Nobody recommended her to me -- it was simply my good fortune to find her by searching the Internet -- but I'm obviously happy to endorse her with my five-star rating.Bob, 50's, Squamish Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis
I saw physio Lauren Lozinsky and was amazed at the service she provided. She was professional and a great listener to my experience. She was able to problem solve and treat using her IMS skills and I was on my way to recovery after a couple visits. Highly recommended!Jamal, 40's, Squamish Sports Injury
After having an unexplained sciatica nerve problem I tried several other treatment options with not much change. Lauren was able to cure the issue with a combination of procedures.Roy, 60's, Squamish Sciatica Nerve Problem