Client story: Sara, a mother and professional in Squamish
"There are simply not enough kind words in this world to describe Lauren. She is the softest, sweetest, and most caring Physiotherapist I have ever met! Truly! I first met Lauren as she was covering for another Physiotherapist I was seeing and that's when she introduced me to the world of pelvic floor and my mind was blown. She forever changed my whole body wellness, and drastically decreased my pelvic pain."
Conditions Treated At Glow Physio
The Pelvic Floor is an intricate and impressive group of muscles with four main functions: stability for the entire body, bladder function, bowel function, and sexual health. When issues occur, they can cause a lot of stress and worry, and the symptoms you experience can depend on a lot of factors (many of which are outside the pelvic floor). In addition, the foundation of Pelvic Health is built on four factors: stress, sleep, movement, and nutrition. Your assessment will get a picture of these factors so that we can address the root cause of your issue(s), and not only the symptoms.
Pregnancy & Postpartum
Thrive In Pregnancy & Beyond
- Be confident in your pregnancy:
- Know how to exercise safely to stay strong.
- Treat pelvic pain (Pubic Symphysis Pain, SI Joint Pain, Round LIgament Pain, Tailbone Pain).
- Get your pelvic floor assessed to be proactive for childbirth.
- Prepare for childbirth:
- Benefit from a holistic approach to prepare your mind, body, and pelvic floor for childbirth and beyond.
- Receive customized advice and treatments to minimize tearing in childbirth.
- Gain confidence by learning push to effectively for your body and your birth goals.
- Learn how to optimize a Cesarean (C-Section) Birth.
- Get a personalized plan for how to find time for yourself and your recovery postpartum while managing a new baby.
- Be empowered as a new parent:
- Get your pelvic floor and core assessed after your vaginal or Cesarean birth to screen for abdominal separation, prolapse, and pelvic floor strength.
- Benefit from Real-Time Ultrasound (Imaging Ultrasound) to assess your pelvic pelvic floor and abdominal function.
- Heal vaginal and abdominal scarring with Therapeutic Ultrasound.
- Overcome Mastitis (breast inflammation) with evidence-based Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Get started on treatment for any postpartum issues including incontinence, pelvic pain, and scarring.
- Get expert guidance to return safely to the activities you love and back to feeling strong and confident in your body.
- Receive a customized plan to get you back to pain-free intimacy and thrive.
Learn more here
Bladder & Bowel Issues
Overcome Bladder & Bowel Issues
- Stress Incontinence: leaking with running, coughing, sneezing
- Urge Incontinence: experiencing a strong urge to void and then experiencing leakage
- Overactive Bladder: frequent and sudden urge to urinate that can be hard to control
- Urinary Retention: difficulty peeing
- Bowel Incontinence, Urgency, & Constipation
- Prolapse: pelvic and/or vaginal heaviness and pressure due to bladder, uterine, or rectal prolapse (cystocele or rectocele)
- Urinary & Sexual Health Symptoms of Menopause
- Post-Operative Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy common surgeries include Incontinence Treatment, Hysterectomy, Prolapse Repair, Radical Prostatectomy/Prostate Surgery, among other surgeries
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Break Free From Pelvic Pain & Abdominal Conditions
Bladder Pain / Interstitial Cystitis
Vaginal, Rectal, & Prostate Pain
Pelvic Girdle Pain
Pubic Bone Pain: Pubic Syphysis Pain / Symphysis Pubis Pain
SI Joint / Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Coccyx Pain / Coccydynia
Chronic Lower Back Pain
Sexual Pain & Dysfunction
A Holistic Plan Will Help You Overcome Painful Sex & Issues With Sexual Function:
- Vulvodynia: Chronic vulvar pain and/or sensitivity. It includes vestibulodynia and clitorodynia.
- Vaginismus:Tightening of the vaginal / pelvic floor muscles
- Dyspareunia: Pain with intercourse, including insertional and deep dyspareunia.
- Reduced Sensation or Difficulties With Orgasm
- Testicular or Penile Pain and Dysfunction (see Male Pelvic Health)
Male* Pelvic Health
Men & Other People With Penises Deserve The Highest Quality Care Too
- Bladder Dysfunction: Overactive Bladder and Incontinence, including urinary frequency and urgency.
- Constipation and Bowel Dysfunction
- Post-Void / Post-Pee Dribble
- Penile, Prostate, & Rectal Pain
- Prostate Pain
- Coccyx Pain
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Peyronie's Disease
- Pre-Operative (Pre-Hab) & Post-Operative Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy: Common surgeries include Radical Prostatectomy / Prostate Surgery, Rectal Surgery, Surgery for Peyronie's Disease, among other surgeries
The initial assessment involves taking comprehensive history. Pelvic Health issues can be complex, and Lauren listens to your story to understand all the contributing factors.
Clients are often nervous about coming to Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy because they do not know what to expect. Many wonder about the internal pelvic exam. Lauren is trained to do pelvic exams and can assess vaginally or rectally. This does not have to occur during the initial appointment. If you don’t want to have an internal exam, Ultrasound can be used externally. Real-Time Ultrasound uses an ultrasound probe connected to an iPad, letting clients see and connect to their pelvic floor and deep abdominal muscles. Internal exams are only one (optional) part of a holistic treatment plan, and they are by no means the only thing that happens in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.
“I’m so glad you didn’t only look my pelvic floor. You do regular Physio too!”
This is a common sentiment from Glow Physio’s clients.
To get to the root cause of your symptoms, it is crucial to assess more than your pelvic floor. Since symptoms in your pelvis can originate elsewhere, using a whole-body assessment is key. Clients are interested to learn that tension in their mid-back, for example, can contribute to pelvic floor dysfunction. They are relieved to know that issues outside of the pelvic floor can also be assessed and treated at Glow Physio in order to get true relief from their condition. It is only by using this comprehensive approach that you can truly resolve your issues. Your symptoms will get treated along with the cause.
You will leave your first appointment understanding your condition and your treatment options. We will create a plan of care that suits your schedule, while providing support to ensure you’re staying on track. Exercise videos and individualized education are sent to you via an app called Embodia. You will be asked about how much time you have to spend on home exercises. As a mom of two young boys, Lauren understands the time constraints of her clients. You will never be given more than you feel you can do.
Follow-up visits are individualized based on your condition. Treatments may include pelvic floor, hip, and core muscle exercises, hands-on treatments, diet and lifestyle evaluations and advice, Therapeutic Ultrasound to reduce inflammation and scar tissue, Acupuncture and/or IMS (dry needling), and pelvic floor assessments via Real-Time Ultrasound or internal exams.
Internal Exams: What To Expect & How They Can Help
An internal exam only takes place after a thorough discussion, and only if you are comfortable proceeding with an exam. In a Pelvic Health setting, stirrups aren’t used, and neither is a speculum. It is a gentle exam that uses one gloved finger (or a maximum of two, if indicated for strength testing).
These exams are also useful to assess for prolapse or other issues, to assess your pelvic floor’s strength, to assess your ability to relax your pelvic floor muscles, and to ensure you are doing your exercises correctly. For many people, tension in specific areas of these muscles can contribute to their symptoms. If manual release work is needed, it progresses gently and is accompanied by breathing and relaxation techniques.
Lauren is a trauma-informed practitioner who understands the role that trauma can play in Pelvic Health conditions. This can come in many forms, some of which are medical trauma, birth trauma, and sexual trauma. Whether or not trauma is part of your personal history, the most important part of your time in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is that you feel supported and empowered. Each session is tailored to your specific needs, ensuring you are making progress and getting closer to your goals.
A Collaborative Approach
Pelvic Health issues are best solved through a team approach. Depending on your condition, you may be referred to trusted colleagues in Squamish to provide you with the best care possible.
You Will ALWAYS Be Supported
Having proper support is key to a full recovery. You will be supported throughout your healing, even when you’re no longer getting Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy sessions.
The support you’ll receive:
- A free consultation so you can get to know us and choose if Glow Physio is the right fit for you.
- One-on-one sessions with your Pelvic Health Physiotherapist. You won’t be handed off to an assistant.
- 100% access to your Physio through email, text, and phone calls.
- An individualized assessment and treatment plan that is customized to your needs and the time you have available.
- A personalized home exercise program with videos and an optional app for your phone.
- Professional treatment strategies that will get you back to all the activities you love.
You may be thinking that your pelvic floor dysfunction is permanent, but secretly you hope to feel normal again. You yearn to get back to enjoying your active life in Squamish and doing what you love. So many people have accepted pain, stiffness, and dysfunction as part of their lives, but you don’t have to be one of them!
Click this link to book a free call to get helpful advice tailored to your specific situation. There is no charge for the call and there is no obligation to book any appointments after the call. Our goal is to help you make the right decision to restore your pelvic floor.
If pelvic pain or dysfunction are keeping you from the activities you love, then you need to take a few minutes to contact us today.
Talk To A Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
This consultation is offered to people who are unsure about Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy. They may want to make sure we are a good fit before they book an appointment. If this sounds like you, please start with a free call so that we can discuss your specific situation, without any commitment on your part.
This is your chance to be active again, free from pelvic floor dysfunction. Read what other people are saying about Glow Physio:
Lauren has provided me with outstanding care and support over the past several years. As an active younger person, she helped me to continue being goal oriented and helped me get back to training and competing at my best. More recently as a mom to two kids, she has guided me through the pre and post-natal periods as I prepared for birth and returned to exercise. Lauren is able to help get you back to where you want to be, even when you are busy! She is kind, respectful, and extremely talented. I love that she’s an athlete and a parent herself as well!Nikki, 30's Prenatal, Postpartum, Sports Injury
Lauren went above and beyond helping me throughout my pregnancy. I experienced acute SI joint pain and lower back pain starting in the second trimester and my mobility was compromised. Being a freelance photographer my body is essential to my work and I immediately sought out Lauren’s expertise to help with the pain. I was able to speak with her right away and she walked me through all of the exercises and guided me through each step along the way back to a strong and capable pregnant body. The relief I felt after following her plan was enormous and I was able to keep working right up until I gave birth. I would highly recommend her for any and all physio needs!Emily, 30's SI Joint Pain, Lower Back Pain, Prenatal, Postpartum
I have had the pleasure of working with Lauren for many years. Lauren has worked with me for a number of different challenges and through a number of different stages of life. She is incredibly supportive of my activity goals and finds ways to help me achieve them. She is passionate about pregnancy and postpartum care and getting you back to where you want to be physically! Lauren’s client centered approach always has me feeling empowered and well cared for!Kati C Prenatal, Postpartum
As a seasoned physiotherapy patient, I was impressed by the treatment I received from my latest physiotherapist, Lauren Lozinsky. Anybody who has been troubled by back spasms knows it often is not a quick fix. This time I required half a dozen visits. After each one I felt better, was more comfortable and -- armed with a series of exercises I'd never seen along with a hard rubber ball to massage the "hot spots" -- able to enhance the improvements that Lauren initiated. She is innovative and thorough and, almost as importantly, available by email to answer any questions concerning the self-treatments. Fortunately, there isn't a test to see if you remember her highly scientific analysis and diagnosis! An added bonus was that she also helped with my plantar fasciitis even though that was only something I mentioned in conversation. Nobody recommended her to me -- it was simply my good fortune to find her by searching the Internet -- but I'm obviously happy to endorse her with my five-star rating.Bob, 50's, Squamish Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis
I saw physio Lauren Lozinsky and was amazed at the service she provided. She was professional and a great listener to my experience. She was able to problem solve and treat using her IMS skills and I was on my way to recovery after a couple visits. Highly recommended!Jamal, 40's, Squamish Sports Injury
After having an unexplained sciatica nerve problem I tried several other treatment options with not much change. Lauren was able to cure the issue with a combination of procedures.Roy, 60's, Squamish Sciatica Nerve Problem