Thank you for taking an interest in my practice. It is the only one in the Sea To Sky Corridor focusing exclusively on Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and Pelvic Health Conditions. I have dedicated my career to this field and look forward to each day and the impact restored pelvic health has on my clients’ lives. My goal is to help the pelvic floor and core work the way they were meant to, helping my clients to lead fulfilling lives.
I take the time to get to the root cause of my clients’ issues using a warm, holistic approach that looks beyond the pelvis. My clients come from throughout the Sea To Sky Corridor and Vancouver Island and I welcome clients of all genders. I am also a trauma-informed practitioner. My practice is also unique in the support I provide to my clients between visits (by email, text or phone) so that they don’t need to wait until their next appointment to have questions answered. Read more about how I can help you:
- Be Confident In Pregnancy, Prepare For Childbirth, & Thrive Postpartum
- Prepare For & Recover Optimally From A C-Section/Cesarean Birth
- Overcome Bladder & Bowel Issues
- Break Free From Pelvic Pain, whether it is Pelvic Girdle Pain or Pelvic & Abdominal Pain From Pelvic Health Conditions
- Resolve Sexual Pain & Dysfunction
- Improve Prolapse & Get Back To Doing What You Love
- Repair Diastasis Recti/DRA & Feel Strong & Confident Through Your Core
I also use the latest research to help my clients successfully return to running and other impact activities.
The pelvic floor and core muscles are part of our body’s foundation and deepest support system. Ensuring these muscles are working well is also key to enhancing athletic performance (and to being able to jump on a trampoline and run with confidence!).
I am a member of the Women’s Health Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Pelvic Health Physiotherapy has an increasing body of research supporting it; I am continually pursuing the most effective techniques and certifications to optimize pelvic health.
Read on to learn about some of techniques and technology available through my practice:
- Real-Time Ultrasound:
- Using non-invasive Real-Time Ultrasound, clients connect to and train their inner pelvic floor and core muscles. They can see their muscles during a treatment session and get to the root cause of their pelvic and abdominal issues.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound:
Enhanced inner core strength:
- Clinical Pilates:
- Through my training as a Clinical Pilates Instructor, I incorporate Pilates exercises to efficiently and mindfully improve pelvic floor and core function.
Customized hands-on techniques:
- Acupuncture and IMS/Dry Needling
- I am certified in Acupuncture (through Acupuncture Canada) and am a Certified Gunn Intramuscular Stimulation (CG*IMS) Practitioner through the University of British Columbia. This is a treatment option that can help release muscle tension and scar tissue and stimulate muscles naturally. It can also balance the nervous system. The combination of the two types of needling is especially beneficial.
- Graston and Myofascial Techniques:
- As a Graston Technique Practitioner, I incorporate myofascial release techniques to help with urinary and bowel issues, pelvic pain, and scar tissue management. Visceral techniques augment these treatments, and research-based protocols are followed to help with bladder and pelvic pain as well as urinary incontinence. The Rost Technique is incorporated to effectively treat and prevent pelvic girdle pain.
The Mind-Body Connection:
- Mindfulness and pain science education:
- I am a compassionate practitioner who takes the time to understand the impact pain has on your life and all the contributing factors. The research is clear that the biopsychosocial framework is key for pain and tension syndromes. I am trained to use this approach to help you make progress.
- There is strong research supporting the role of the nervous system in pelvic health conditions and chronic pain. The pelvic floor is also unique in the way it is sensitive to stress and anxiety. I have done courses and continuing education on mindfulness, meditation, breath work, and yin yoga. Together we will find techniques for your schedule and lifestyle, bringing you greater wellbeing. Incorporating these practices can have a tremendous impact and can help bring the change you are looking for.
Before becoming a mom of two boys, I was on Team Canada for the 400 Metre Hurdles and was a bronze medallist at the Canadian Track and Field Championships. I am thankful to have been short-listed for the Rhodes Scholarship and have published research in the journal Arthritis.
The vision of Glow Physio & Pelvic Wellness started with recognizing the need for a dedicated Pelvic Health Physiotherapy practice in Squamish. A portion of each session is allocated to a fund to provide Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy services to residents of Squamish on income assistance. I am also working on forming a collaboration with the Howe Sound Women’s Centre to provide support to trauma survivors. I am grateful to have been awarded the 2022 Health Promotion, Knowledge Translation and Advocacy bursary from the Women’s Health Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Outside the clinic, I love to trail run, strength train, practice Pilates and yoga, incorporate breathwork, and chase my two young sons.
For those with extended health coverage, I am able to directly bill most plans, and my services are covered under Physiotherapy.
I invite you to connect with me by phone, text, or email. You're also welcome to book a free virtual consultation to see how I can help.
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Glow Physio...
Lauren has provided me with outstanding care and support over the past several years. As an active younger person, she helped me to continue being goal oriented and helped me get back to training and competing at my best. More recently as a mom to two kids, she has guided me through the pre and post-natal periods as I prepared for birth and returned to exercise. Lauren is able to help get you back to where you want to be, even when you are busy! She is kind, respectful, and extremely talented. I love that she’s an athlete and a parent herself as well!Nikki, 30's Prenatal, Postpartum, Sports Injury
Lauren went above and beyond helping me throughout my pregnancy. I experienced acute SI joint pain and lower back pain starting in the second trimester and my mobility was compromised. Being a freelance photographer my body is essential to my work and I immediately sought out Lauren’s expertise to help with the pain. I was able to speak with her right away and she walked me through all of the exercises and guided me through each step along the way back to a strong and capable pregnant body. The relief I felt after following her plan was enormous and I was able to keep working right up until I gave birth. I would highly recommend her for any and all physio needs!Emily, 30's SI Joint Pain, Lower Back Pain, Prenatal, Postpartum
I have had the pleasure of working with Lauren for many years. Lauren has worked with me for a number of different challenges and through a number of different stages of life. She is incredibly supportive of my activity goals and finds ways to help me achieve them. She is passionate about pregnancy and postpartum care and getting you back to where you want to be physically! Lauren’s client centered approach always has me feeling empowered and well cared for!Kati C Prenatal, Postpartum
As a seasoned physiotherapy patient, I was impressed by the treatment I received from my latest physiotherapist, Lauren Lozinsky. Anybody who has been troubled by back spasms knows it often is not a quick fix. This time I required half a dozen visits. After each one I felt better, was more comfortable and -- armed with a series of exercises I'd never seen along with a hard rubber ball to massage the "hot spots" -- able to enhance the improvements that Lauren initiated. She is innovative and thorough and, almost as importantly, available by email to answer any questions concerning the self-treatments. Fortunately, there isn't a test to see if you remember her highly scientific analysis and diagnosis! An added bonus was that she also helped with my plantar fasciitis even though that was only something I mentioned in conversation. Nobody recommended her to me -- it was simply my good fortune to find her by searching the Internet -- but I'm obviously happy to endorse her with my five-star rating.Bob, 50's, Squamish Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis
I saw physio Lauren Lozinsky and was amazed at the service she provided. She was professional and a great listener to my experience. She was able to problem solve and treat using her IMS skills and I was on my way to recovery after a couple visits. Highly recommended!Jamal, 40's, Squamish Sports Injury
After having an unexplained sciatica nerve problem I tried several other treatment options with not much change. Lauren was able to cure the issue with a combination of procedures.Roy, 60's, Squamish Sciatica Nerve Problem